Hays County Divorce Attorney
Experienced Divorce Lawyers in Dripping Springs Serving the Surrounding Various Counties in Central Texas Areas
Divorce can be an emotional and overwhelming experience. At The Law Office of Milena Christopher, our family law lawyers have the education in both law and psychology and the legal experience to provide caring and compassionate legal services to our clients facing divorce. We recognize that every case presents its own issues and, as such, we supply each client with a personalized plan for their divorce; one that addresses issues unique to their situation and their entire family.
Although we encourage every client to attempt to reach an amicable divorce settlement (through mediation or collaborative law), we understand this is not always possible. If you are unable to reach an agreement with your spouse, we can advocate for your priorities in court.
What Can I File for in Texas?
At The Law Office of Milena Christopher, we help our clients in all aspects of the divorce process, including but not limited to:
- Division of property: Texas is a community property state. We can help you understand how this will affect your assets and debts in a divorce.
- Child custody, parenting time, and visitation: We can help you determine whether joint or sole custody would work best for your family. Also, we can work with you to create a visitation schedule that takes into account your schedules, holidays, and the needs of your child(ren).
- Child support: The Texas child support guidelines act as a formula for determining child support based on your income and several other factors. We can provide you with a straightforward assessment of how much child support you will receive or pay in your divorce.
- Alimony and spousal support: We can work with you to determine whether temporary or permanent alimony is appropriate for your situation.
In addition, we help our clients through military divorces and/or out-of-state (multi-state) custody issues. If you need to have a support or custody agreement changed after your divorce, of if you need to relocate, we can assist you with these issues.
What is a Wife Entitled to in a Divorce in Texas?
A wife in Texas is entitled to a fair and equitable divorce. This means that the court will consider all the factors involved in the divorce and make a reasonable decision for both spouses.
- The length of the marriage
- The age and health of the spouses
- The earning capacity of each spouse
- The needs of the children
- The contributions of each spouse to the marriage, including financial support, payments to the household, and contributions to the raising of the children
- The economic circumstances of each spouse
- The tax consequences of the division of property
Any other factors that the court deems relevant If you are going through a divorce in Texas, speaking with a Dripping Springs divorce attorney to learn more about your legal rights and options is essential.
Providing Legal Guidance for All Divorce-Related Issues
Our Hays County divorce lawyer is dedicated to ensuring our client’s best interests are maintained. We offer skilled and knowledgeable legal representation to every person we help.
Call our firm at (512) 858-8253 or contact us online for a consultation with our divorce lawyers serving Hays County, Texas. We accept cases throughout Hays County, Blanco County, Travis County, as well as the surrounding Central Texas areas. Se Habla Español.
into Everything We Do
Our legal team is passionate and understanding about helping our clients get through these difficult times.
We ensure your voice is heard and your best interests are represented and protected.
Our legal team is available when you need them most. We make ourselves available after hours, by appointment.
Our founding attorney has decades of experience and understands the Texas divorce system inside and out.
"Today is episode 18 and we have the pleasure of sitting down with Milena Christopher. She practices Family Law in Dripping Springs and also offers everything you need for Estate Planning.
Tune in and learn what you need to do, to protect your family. It's critical to get a Will if you haven't done so yet. Milena has a BA and Masters in Psychology so she is the perfect lawyer that can understand any difficult situation and help you through the best resolution... "